Come and join the first Estonian Smart City conference and showcase on June 1st 2016 in Tartu
Come and join the first Estonian Smart City conference and showcase
Registration to the conference “Smart City for the Citizens” is open! The conference is a part of Estonian ICT Week and takes place on June 1st 2016 in Tartu.
In the morning you will have a chance to hear inspiring speeches about smart cities and in the afternoon there will be many on-site demonstrations of smart city solutions in the city environment.
More information available and registration, hotels etc: http://smartcitylab.eu/smartcityconference2016/
Topics and on-site demonstrations include:
- Electronical Tax Declarations & Bank Transfers
- Participatory budgeting
- Internet X-Road
- Digital Prescription
- On-site visits to Fortum Cooling & Boiler Houses – The installed heat capacity reaches about 453 MW, which exceeds the requirements of the region for the heat energy by about three times. Of great importance are the boilers at Luunja and Ropka boiler houses that operate on local fuels (saw dust, wood chips, peat), the total capacity being 55 MW. These boiler houses guarantee an essentially lower selling price of heat energy than do the boiler houses operating on natural gas and they are considerable competitors to the container boiler houses operating on gas. With the aim to achieve the economic goals of the company and proceeding from the environmental as well as the macroeconomic requirements, a new combined heat and power production plant (CHP), operating on local fuels, has been built and commissioned.
- From Hrustsovka to Smartovka – overview of SmartEnCity project Tartu pilot area – Three European cities (Vitoria, Tartu and Sonerborg) have joined the Horizon 2020 SmartEnCity Project to develop smart solutions on Mobility, Energy saving and ICTs for the improvement of citizens’ quality of life.
- Mobi Lab Real Time Public Transportation Application
- Jiffi – World’s First Hands-Free Ticketing System for Passengers
- Elmo Electric Car Rental via Mobile
- Electric Taxi
*Ticket includes pre-seminar and reception on May 31, entrance to conference and on-site demonstrations & networking dinner with an unique science show on June 1.
Conference is part of Estonian ICT Week, organized in cooperation with Tartu City, Enterprise Estonia and Tallinn Science Park Tehnopol.