Do you have an idea that could transform the agriculture, fisheries and food sector? Apply for an Innovation Prize and receive up to €10,000 of equity-free funding. EIT Food Innovation Prizes (Innovation Grants Scheme)
EIT Food is on a mission to transform Europe’s food system – making it better for people and the planet. Working with entrepreneurs, innovators and the wider community, EIT Food is changing the way we produce, process, distribute and consume food.
The Innovation Prizes competition is one of Europe’s largest startup competitions in the agrifood vertical. The Innovation Prizes are awarded to entrepreneurs and early-stage startups to support the development of new products and services which can help transform our food system; making it healthier, more sustainable and more trusted.
This year, the Innovation Prizes are open to entrepreneurs and startups from across the whole of Europe. Excitingly though, there are additional prizes available for entrepreneurs based in Eastern and Southern Europe, through the Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS).
In the seventeen live finals, there is a €10,000 and €5000 prize available. There are fifteen live finals for applicants from RIS countries (one per country listed below); and general live finals for all other applicants.
In addition to the cash prizes, participating startups will benefit from access to investors, high-quality training and our community of mentors and experts.
We welcome applications from those who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- any resident, citizen or legal entity based in Europe or EIT Food associated countries
- to be considered eligible for the Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS) competition, the applicant must be a citizen and/or residents of: Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Italy, Greece
- The proposed products or services must align with one or more of EIT Food’s strategic objectives:
- Making the food system better for people’s health
- Making the food system better for the environment
- Making the food system more trusted and transparent
Applications will be opening on the 1st of April via F6S. Deadline is June 1st 2019.
Click here to apply: https://www.f6s.com/innovationprizes/apply